Posted by : Unknown jueves, 15 de mayo de 2014

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to everyone

GeForce Logo
Today I'm gonna be writing about my brief experience testing Nvidia's ShadowPlay function that's integrated with the Nvidia GeForce Experience software. This function has been out there for a while now, less than a year though, and works when using a GTX 600M or newer video card series. Right now this option is at it's beta phase and a couple of months ago it was made usable only for desktop video cards (hence I couldn't use it since I own a notebook).

But then the latest driver came out! (335.23) And so it made possible for us notebook gamers to begin testing it too. And so I did. 

I should let you know I own an ASUS Republic of Gamers Notebook, model G46-VW which comes equipped with a GTX 660M Nvidia VCard, Intel i5 4th Gen processor @ 2.4 GHz (I think), 8 Gb DDR3 RAM and 750 Gb HDD.

I ran a couple of tests first while playing Battlefield 3 to see if it would impact the performance and... I felt no difference, the game ran as it always does with ShadowPlay working in Shadow Mode, after some minutes I clicked the hotkeys used to save the recording and it did so.
I Alt+Tabbed to check it out and see the results and I was very very pleased, they are stunning! The audio, video and voice quality are excellent and it had it's promised 60fps. 
However when I Alt+Tabbed back to BF ShadowPlay had closed, no idea why, when I opened it up again I could't make it work with BF or any other game as it showed it was disabled during gameplay. Only way I could make it work again was by restarting my computer.

User Interface of ShadowPlay

After that I made a second test, this time with Dust: An Elysian Tail. I had no issues while recording the test, however, something that wasn't recorded was the fact that nearing the 5 minutes of shadow mode the game began lagging very hard, that started happening just as I saved the shadow recording and so it is not in the video I will leave here, but exiting the game was kind of difficult due to this issue which I'm thinking might have something to do with the temporary files being created by ShadowPlay.

All info on ShadowPlay is on the link at the start of this post, it is really easy to use and it has a sleek and simple UI which I liked. I leave you for now with the recording I did yesterday for Dust: An Elysian Tail.
The commentary for the video it's in spanish, hope that doesn't matters too much, here's the link.

See ya later!



Deja un Comentario

Suscribirse a los Posts | Suscribirse a los Comentarios

Weeeelcome~

Post Anteriores

Blogger templates

Con tecnología de Blogger.

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Aurus Gaming -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -